What are Mini Water Heaters?
Mini water heaters. From their name itself, mini water heaters are rather smaller types of water heaters. They are water heaters that are commonly used for areas where hot water are less needed.
Same with other things, mini water heaters had their advantages and disadvantages, pros and cons, negative and positive side.. Let us enumerate these things one by one.
- Easy to install.
- Can be installed in many areas of your home.
- Can be installed close to the actual point-of-use. Hence, it also doesn’t need longer pipes to transport water since they are installed in the place where hot water is directly needed.
- Various models.
- No longer pipes needed since they can be installed near the point of usage.
- They are light-weight and compact, allowing you to place it in almost any convenient location where small amounts of hot water are needed.
- No venting needed, there are no exhaust gases.
- Pricing electric hot water heaters; they cost significantly less than gas heaters.
- Longer service life.
- Energy efficiency goes to 99%.
- Electricity reaches more households than gas.
- Electric tankless water heaters are one third of the size than gas heating systems.
- Very little maintenance needed, easy to clean.
- Much easier to diagnose the problem, troubleshoot and repair.
- They are safe.
- Expensive to operate, electricity is more expensive than gas.
- Low recovery rate.
- Electric tankless water heaters are high amperage devices and when the hot water is used during the peak times its operating cost increases.
- Even with the lower cost for installation, you have to consider an adequate electrical supply, to support this high output hot water heating appliance.
- The biggest problem with electric hot water heaters is that they lose heat through the surface of the tank, as a result of standby losses.
- They fall into the category of water heaters with low recovery rates (the lowest actually) meaning that it takes longer to heat the water.
- Solution for this problem is to cover them with a specially designed insulation blanket or "jacket".