Solar Water Heaters - Know the Benefits of Using One
Benefits of switching to solar water heaters. Solar Water Heaters is gaining popularity as their benefit is now numerous and considered by many consumers. Solar energy is a renewable source of energy and solar water heaters depends on these and these what makes solar water heaters cost saving and energy efficient. If you have determined that there's enough sun in your area then you have a good place to put a solar water heater. You'll be doing the environment a favor to install one. Plus, you'll save money too.
Having half of all households use solar water heaters might not be such a tall order. According to the Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI), there are 1.5 million solar water heaters already in use in U.S. homes and businesses. Solar water heater systems can work in any climate and EESI estimates that 40 percent of all U.S. homes have sufficient access to sunlight such that 29 million additional solar water heaters could be installed right now.
1. You can save money on your water heating costs. By using the sun’s free energy you can reduce your hot water energy consumption by 50% to 90% depending on where you live. That’s up to 90% less gas or electricity which needs to be produced. And most likely, your water-heating electricity use will be cut by at least half. How much you actually save depends on the climate where you live.
2. You can help reduce air pollution. A 50 % reduction in traditional (emitting) energy use means a 50 percent reduction in CO2 emissions. So installing a solar water heater would reduce your hot-water carbon footprint by half. At the same time, you're conserving non-renewable fuels for applications for which there are currently no easily available renewable energy sources.
3. You can save energy. Solar water heater use solar energy which is a free and renewable source of energy. Nobody owns the sun, so solar energy is free and renewable because solar energy cannot be depleted for as long as the Sun keeps on shining.These systems use solar energy which helps reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, improving our energy security and energy independence in the process by reducing the need for expensive foreign fuel import.
4. You can save the environment. Not only will you make big savings on your energy costs, using the sun’s free energy is great for the environment. A family of four with a Solahart water heater can save up to 3 or 4 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions compared to a conventional electric water heater. That’s the same as taking a small car off the road, so you can imagine the benefits for our future generations and the future of the planet.
5. Solar water heating systems are very cost effective in sunny and warm places with high insolation values. These sunny and warm places are near the equator. But those living in the cold region, direct heater models (batch, thermosiphon and direct-active) might be unavailable to you due to the risk of freezing.
6. Many countries around the world offer favorable incentives for the installation of solar water heating systems. These incentives offered may possibly lower your end cost.
7. Although these systems have low maintenance costs. It's important to remember, that you'll make that money back, which is relatively in average between 5-10 years. But how long it takes to recoup the upfront investment depends on where you live, how much hot water you use, and the cost of electricity.
8. You can build your own solar water heating systems and there is a higher chance that you can lower the installation costs. But most people get it installed by experts since there's usually roof work involved. Some countries even offer the option of leasing solar water heating systems which can significantly decrease initial costs.
Because of the benefits of using solar water heaters, you can save the environment, save money and save energy. If we open our eyes and see the benefits renewable energy sources and use it efficiently and effectively, we can come up with more innovative products developed for renewable energy sources. We don’t need to drill the arctic for diesel, drill the natural gases in the sea bed or even burn coal and most of all depend on nuclear power plant. Also because of the benefits of solar water heating, adding a unit to your home will also increase its value. So you could end up getting back whatever money you put into a solar heating system when you sell your house.